The New Zealand Institute of Physics – Education Section is a teacher focused group supporting Physics Teachers in New Zealand. One of the aims of the committee is to foster the growth and maintenance of education related physics groups.
Our organisation is entirely run by teachers for teachers and is non-profit making in every respect. Your school’s support ensures that our service can continue.
NZIPES will maintain this site containing quality resources and information designed specifically for New Zealand schools.
This site is the official site for news, resource dissemination, contacts etc.
Feel free to connect with us via Facebook and Twitter. On Facebook we have a closed NZIP Education Group. See the links on this site. If you are connected to us through resources or membership then feel free to join that group.
1. NZIPES Teaching and Assessment Resources (for school subscription):
All our resources are now stored on a password protected site. The fee we charge gives you access to all our resources.
A school subscription to the NZIP Education Section Teaching and Assessment Resources gives the school’s physics teachers access to resources relating to the teaching and assessment of senior physics in New Zealand. By subscribing you will get access to:
- Quality assured examinations for all NCEA externals (apart from L1 Heat)
(new exams written each year and a full archive of past papers)
- Quality assured assessments for all NCEA internals
- Teaching resources for all aspects of the curriculum
- Past NZIP conference presentations
- Scholarship resources
The examination resources are designed to give busy physics teachers a well-designed and thoroughly moderated exam that can be used in its entirety or “cut and pasted” into their own exam.
2. Online Application Form for Resources:
Subscription to the materials costs $125 (incl GST) for 2022. Only one subscription per school is required.
To subscribe to the NZIP Education Section Teaching and Assessment Resources site:
- If your school was a subscriber in 2021 or earlier, use the link in the email that has been sent to the school email address on record. If you have not received this email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a new subscriber, take this link to NZIPES Resources Online Application Form. Complete the required fields and an invoice will be generated and emailed to your school address.
After payment has been received, you will be sent a unique username and password to access the material on the secure site for 2022. You are welcome to use all material available for your school’s use. Certain conditions of use will be provided when appropriate.
Once you have a username and password, take this link to the NZIPES Secure Website
3. Professional Development Support:
In 2022 a subscription also enables physics teachers to access Professional Development Support – we have a range of experienced facilitators able to provide one-on-one support. Take this link to the Professional Development Request Form.
4. NZIP Professional Membership (for individuals):
The NZIPES Resources subscription fee is NOT a membership of NZIP (and does not qualify for a reduction in NZIP Conference fees, or the Physics School Prize sponsorship). If you also want to be a professional member of NZIP (and that comes with a range of benefits, but not access to our secure resource site), take this link to NZIP Membership Information.