News and Coming Events
10 April 2015
We are pleased that Prof Geoff Austin, University of Auckland, has accepted our invitation to be the guest speaker after the conference dinner at the 2015 NZIP Conference
There will be a loud percussive closure to Geoff’s speech by way of the Wai Taiko drummers who will provide further entertainment, http://www.waitaiko.com
9 April 2015
In addition to the invited speakers for the 2015 NZIP Conference (http://confer.co.nz/nzip2015/speakers/) Ken Gledhill, Head of Department: GeoNet and Geohazards Monitoring at GNS Science, has accepted our invitation to speak on earthquakes and their prediction, coupled with his work with GeoNet.
Click here to go to Ken’s information page at GNS Science.
Other Sources of News
The Royal Society of New Zealand is a good source of research, science and technology news.
Physics Teaching news is provided by the Education Section of the NZIP.
Visit the NCEA Physics Teachers’ Moodle.
Send NZIP your news
NZIP Members are encouraged to send information for this page. For example we are interested in,
- details of physics teaching and research conferences.
- calls for submissions to government on issues where NZIP has an interest.
- physics positions available in New Zealand for permanent or limited term;
- awards and prizes won for work in physics-related topics in New Zealand; any awards and prizes won by NZIP members;
- openings for PhD students and post-doctoral positions;
- relevant lectures and visitors to New Zealand;
- major research contracts won and other funding news;